Earlier, when we want to gain root access on the DROID RAZR HD / MAXX HD (XT926) with Jelly Bean OTA, it might take a reasonable time, due to the fact we have to downgrade the firmware to ICS, Obtain root, keep it using Voodoo and then update it again thru OTA. Since the whole process quite challenging most users are unable to implement it, and let their devices in stock and unrooted, this is due to there’s no root method for JB (Android 4.1).
But these days our waiting is over, once again Dan Rosenberg has shown his talent, this time he has found a new method to get root on the RAZR HD / Maxx HD running Jelly Bean OTA. Same as before, only with few clicks we can regain root and freedom.
Here are some easy steps to take back our root that had been lost for several months.
- Update your drivers to the latest version.
- Enable USB debugging and Unknown sources in the phone settings.
- Grab motochopper.zip from djrbliss’s thread.
- Extract the zip package into your computer hard drive.
- On the extracted folder find run.bat (Windows Batch File). For Linux/Mac users, open terminal then navigates to the extracted folder and type “. /run. sh”.
- Watch the ongoing processes in Windows CMD/Terminal carefully, make sure there are no error messages.
- After root script presents success message, your Droid RAZR HD/MAXX HD should rooted now, you will find the Superuser app installed.