Everyday more and more people are interested in modifying their Android smartphones, most of them don’t even care when they do this, their device might void the warranty, this fact also comes to VZW Note 3 (SM-N900V) users. Most of them aren’t afraid took a mods as they already know that there’s a way to return their Verizon Galaxy Note 3 back to stock with Odin. But they also don’t realize that in addition to Odin they also need a stock firmware to flash, which sometimes not released immediately.
The main reason they mod their devices are to get the most out of their smartphones by achieving superuser access or often called a root privileges, and some even went too far by flashing a custom ROM. While there’s still a way to restore our device to stock, we should remain cautious since almost all of the procedures to mod phone’s firmware might lead to permanent brick.
- Grab Odin on Windows computer, v3.09 is the latest but you can also use an older version.
- Get flashable stock firmware and PIT file for Verizon Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N900V). Caution! For those who already took an OTA update, do not ever try to flash an older firmware, since it will downgrade your firmware and could trigger a soft brick, just get a firmware with the same software version as you have.
- Setup Samsung USB drivers for Windows.
Recover from soft brick and restore Verizon Galaxy Note 3 back to stock with Odin3
- Unzip the downloaded firmware file, after extracting the file should have .md5 extension.
- Go to Odin folder and double click the executable file.
- Press PIT button and point to where you save the *.pit file, then also hit the PDA button and find the *.md5 file.
- Pay attention to Option section, only check “Auto Reboot” and “F. Reset Time”.
- We need to put our VZW Galaxy Note 3 to Download Mode. Turn it off then turn it on by pressing Vol down + Home + Power button, once end up in warning screen just choose continue.
- Connect the phone to computer by using an OEM USB cable, it’s best to avoid USB 3.0 slots. Now your phone should recognized by Odin.
- Hit the Start button to start the firmware flashing process. In most cases, the flashing process takes place in minutes or between 10-15 minutes, when the flashing process is successful then you will see a PASS! message.
- Once rebooted, now our Verizon Galaxy Note 3 will back to stock condition, the superuser access and any mods will be lost.
- After a reboot I still see my installed apps?
Boot into recovery (vol up + home + power button), and wipe data/factory reset. All your installed apps, settings and any saved content now will be gone.
- I still get bootloop, even after Odin says that the flashing process has been successful?
Yes some folks also experience this, and they can solve it by flashing the PIT file ONLY, without a firmware.