T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S5 (SM-G900T) comes with an unlocked bootloader, unlike some carrier branded S5 is released in the US. This device is also the first S5 that successfully gains root access thru CF-Auto-Root method by Chainfire. When compared to other variants such as Verizon or AT&T that comes with locked bootloader, we believe that this variant will have lots of custom ROMs and available mods, in case you frequently changes ROMs, then your device will potentially bricked. Therefore, at least you should understand how to unroot and restore T-Mobile Galaxy S5 back to stock with Odin.
When your device is having problems, the first step you can take is to execute a factory reset or if you already have a custom recovery installed, then you can use it to restore a full backup that you’ve created earlier. However, if a factory reset and a custom recovery are unable to help you, then consider reverting your T-Mobile Galaxy S5 (SM-G900T) back to stock with the help of an Odin flash tool.
Before taking a restore method with Odin, if it’s possible, back up your personal contents such as photos, videos, etc., since the back to stock procedure will be clean up the internal memory completely.
There is one more thing you should know, if your phone’s KNOX WARRANTY VOID has been Tripped to 0x1 or more, this procedure will not be able to reset it, due to the fact until now resetting KNOX counter is extremely hard. Here we write about how to unroot and completely restore your T-Mobile Galaxy S5 back to stock firmware, as well as the requirements.
- A computer with Windows OS, since Odin only operates on Windows.
- Latest version of Samsung Galaxy S5 USB Drivers.
- The most updated version of the Odin flash tool, the latest version is v.3.09 for now but you can also use v.3.07.
- A TMo Galaxy S5 stock firmware, T-Mobile model is SM-G900T, tend not to use the older version of firmware.
- An OEM Samsung USB cable that comes with your device, bad quality cable is unstable and may interrupt the flashing process.
- Charge your device, please, no less than 50%.
Easily unroot & restore T-Mobile Galaxy S5 back to stock with Odin
- Extract the packed firmware file you’ve downloaded, ensure the final results of the extracted file is a “.tar.md5” file.
- Head to Odin folder, pick v.3.07 or v.3.09 and execute it by double-click on the file.
- After Odin is show up, hit “PDA” button (or “AP” button on v.3.09) and seek out the “.tar.md5” file.
- Now look into Option area, make sure only two options are checked Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time.
- Grab your Galaxy S5 we need to put it on download mode, firstly turn it off, once completely shut off for a few seconds, push and hold the volume down key + Home + Power button. When you notice a warning screen, decide to continue.
- Attach the TMo Samsung Galaxy S5 to the computer thru USB. Now Odin should find your device, otherwise unplug and re-plug the USB or reinstall the drivers.
- When ready, click Start button, flashing T-Mobile Galaxy 5 (SM-G900T) back to stock with Odin should done in matter of minutes. Never ever try to stop or interrupt the Odin process, it might brick your device. Once the Odin shows a PASS and reboot, your phone is completely back to stock and unrooted.