Motorola continues to support the new Moto X 2015 to be unlocked (bootloader) via the official way. It harnessed by the a lot of users, since no one knows until when Motorola will support it. The TWRP recovery has also been available, you can utilize it to flash SuperSU and then gain root access. On top of that, we think you also have to know how to restore to stock and unroot Moto X Pure Edition 2015, which might be useful someday.
There are many reasons why someone wants to restore their smartphone back to stock, one of which is to get the official OTA update from Motorola. The other reason is to deal with software problems, such as bootloop, stuck at boot logo or even soft-bricked device. In some cases, this procedure is performed when the device factory reset is not useful to clear up the situation.
We can unroot and back to stock in the Moto X 2015 Pure Edition manually by flashing a stock firmware by running multiple fastboot commands. The good thing is, some firmware even provide bat firmware file that contains all the required commands to properly flash the firmware, so we no longer need to type it by hand.
Back to stock and unroot Motorola Moto X 2015 Pure Edition
Actually, there has been a tool known as RSD Lite that has the same function, flash a firmware. This GUI tool has been used by several Motorola devices, including the Droid Turbo, however, not all stock firmware can be used with this tool. So, to be used with this tool, a firmware must be rebuilt to comply with the RSD Lite standards.
The following is a guide to restore to stock based on shawn5162’s thread on xda:
- Download the stock firmware for Moto X 2015.
- Install the latest Motorola USB drivers, if you do not have it already.
- Extract / unzip the firmware to a new and easy to find folder, you will see lots of files there.
- Connect the phone to the PC, and make sure your device can be recognized and not get ‘Unknow Device’ notification.
- Inside stock firmware folder, find a Windows batch file called ‘FLASH-ALL.bat’.
- Double-click the bat file and a Command window will be shown up.
- Follow any on-screen instructions carefully. Your device might restart several times, and it should done in less than 10 minutes.