The HTC DROID DNA comes with Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) and Sense 4+, but after Android 4.2 update comes, which contains several new features such as, photo sphere camera and keyboard with gesture support, many DNA users are jealous. It seems we have to be patient to try out these features until HTC released Android 4.2 update for Verizon DROID DNA.
With the presence of Galaxy Nexus 4 that’s sold with Android 4.2.1, becomes an chance for everyone to have the stock Nexus 4 apps, such as camera + gallery, keyboard and clock. Most wanted feature in the 4.2 update is a Photo sphere camera, with this feature you can capture a 360-degree panoramic image. Keyboard with gesture and prediction support are also the new feature that you should try, this app is similar to Swype.
If you can’t wait for the Android 4.2 update readily available for HTC DROID DNA, you can try to install some apps from LG Galaxy Nexus 4 system dump, before applying this apps the make sure to perform a backup.
- Unlock your device’s bootloader and set up TWRP recovery.
- Download flashable zip files below:
- Switch off your device, boot into bootloader mode (vol down + power).
- After coming into the TWRP recovery main menu, hit install and pick the flashable zip file. If you only want to install the camera app, just flash patched app. Or if you want to install all the apps, install the 1st zip and then flash 2nd zip file.
- Reboot your DROID DNA and start capturing 360-degree pictures.