HTC’s latest smartphone – Verizon DROID DNA, built with NFC (Near Field Communication) technology that allows us sharing various files (photos, videos, mp3s) with other NFC-enabled devices, you may even use it as a mobile payment system by using ISIS app. When you activate the NFC feature, you will see the icon on the notification bar NFC, for some it can be useful to view the status of the NFC. However, when you don’t wish to see it again you can remove it completely from the notification bar.
Once you add a third-party keyboard, when typing in text box, you will notice the keyboard switch notification up at the top of the screen. Not everyone liked it, as it will only crowd the notification bar, luckily we can still remove it. Thanks to gramsey1911, to share his HTC DROID DNA mods.
To get rid of the NFC and switch keyboard notification from Verizon DROID DNA, you can follow the steps below:
- Your phone should be unlocked bootloader and has a custom recovery (TWRP) installed before applying this mods.
- Download the mod files, NFC-fix-signed.zip (mirror) to remove NFC notification, or ukb_no_kb_switch_.zip (mirror) to take off the keyboard switch notification.
- Move the mod files to your phone storage.
- Turn off your phone, enter into bootloader mode by pressing the volume down + power button at the same time.
- After getting into bootloader mode select “RECOVERY”, your device will boot into TWRP recovery.
- From TWRP recovery, select “Install” then point to mod files (step 4), after that swipe to flash.
- Reboot and Done. You won’t see NFC and keyboard switch notification on the HTC DROID DNA anymore.