Status bar notifications are useful for many Android phone users, but too many nag notifications are quite irritating. On AT&T Galaxy Note 2 (i317) we could notice many nag notifications such as WiFi, carrier label, GPS search, Battery Full and input method. If you want to have simple and nag-free status bar, it is possible to remove them by modifying the system apps linked to the notification status bar, however, not everyone is able to do it.
We should be thankful to an Xda member, sk806 who successfully remove annoying nag notification from AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 2.
Here are quick guide on how to remove WiFi, carrier label, GPS search, input method, battery full nag notification from Galaxy Note 2, proven on AT&T version (i317) with UCALJ2 firmware.
- Make sure you have root access, custom recovery installed on your device.
- Get flashable mod files (*.zip) from here, and move it into the SD card.
- Before making any modifications you should undertake a full backup with recovery, in order to avoid unexpected things happen.
- Enter into custom recovery (CWM/TWRP), by turning off your phone and then press and hold three keys together: Vol up + Home + Power. Once getting into recovery main menu, select install/install zip from SD card, and point to the mod file you’ve downloaded before (step 2).
- Back to recovery main menu and wipe Dalvik cache (recommended).
- Reboot and experience AT&T Galaxy Note 2 without annoying nag notification.