Having succeeded with its Android based tablet device – the Kindle Fire, now Amazon is starting to explore the smartphone market with the release of Amazon Fire Phone which can be purchased along with AT&T plan. This smartphone has many impressive features which only available in this phone, for example Dynamic Perspective, Firefly technology and Mayday. Unfortunately, just like other Amazon devices, the Fire Phone does not come with the Google Play Store app or any other Google apps like Gmail, Chrome, YouTube, etc.
Well, we were not surprised if Amazon Phone Fire doesn’t have gapps pre-installed just like another Android smartphone, since the Kindle Fire series tablet also doesn’t have it. Luckily, we can still install gapps or any Google Play’s apps manually using adb sideloading and with the help of a computer, some users from xda has done it and managed to install some of them, even though Google Framework crashes frequently while using these apps.
On the Kindle Fire, we can install any apps with the help of the ES File Explorer app that can be downloaded via the Amazon Apps Store, but surprisingly, this app is not available when you try to find it in Fire Phone, that is why we advise you to installing Gapps on the Amazon Fire Phone via adb, even though it isn’t the easiest way.
- Amazon Fire Phone’s adb drivers.
- A micro USB cable which comes with the phone.
- Allow USB debugging, it’s necessary to be able to run adb command properly. Enable it on Settings –> Device –> Get info about your fire, then tapping the device name repeatedly, at least 5 times.
- Grab the adb package and extract it on your PC.
- Get the Google apps apk, then move it to the same folder as the adb files.
Easily install Google Apps on Amazon Fire Phone
Here’s step by step how to install any APK incl. gapps on Fire Phone
- Connect your smartphone to the Windows PC via USB cable.
- Head to a folder where you extract the adb package, also make sure you find gapps apk inside the folder. After that, open command window from there, by holding shift + mice right-click.
- Now, we should check if your phone is correctly recognized by adb, just run the following command:
If your phone serial number is listed, you’re ready to go.
- Now run the following command to install the Google apps apk to Amazon Fire Phone, however, it’s should work for non Google apks too.
adb install filenamehere.apk
Change the “filenamehere” with your actual apk’s file name.