After getting the first update via OTA with build number 1.22.651.3 few months ago, HTC EVO 4G LTE this week has received second official OTA update with software version 2.13.651.1 that include HTC Sense 4.1 which is the latest version, this update will also upgrade your device bootloader to Hboot 1.19.
In case you don’t get any notification of software updates, possibly it is due to custom recovery (like CWM/TWRP) installed on your cell phone, and when you previously unlocked via HTCDev, rooted and still S-ON there are two ways to get this update:
Update via RUU
This method using RUU.exe file to update your phone:
- Enable USB debugging on your phone, Settings > Developer options.
- Download RUU version 2.13.651.1 (latest firmware update, released in September 2012) for Windows PC only.
- Enter bootloader mode. Turn off your device, then press and hold vol down + power button.
- After entering bootloader, choose Fastboot by pressing power button and connect your phone via USB cable.
- Go to Android SDK installation folder and open CMD from “platform-tools” folder.
- Relock your HTC Evo 4G LTE by typing command below:
fastboot oem lock
- Here are what you get after running lock command, and it will reboot automatically:
(bootloader) Lock successfully
(bootloader) TZ_HTC_SVC_DISABLE ret = 584684034 (0x1FDFDD73)
FAILED (status read failed (Too many links))
finished. total time: 1.023s
- Now your device is Relocked. Turn off your phone again, and enter Fastboot mode again.
- On your PC, double-click on RUU file and follow the instructions.
- After successfully using RUU file to update your HTC Evo 4G LTE to firmware version 2.13.651.1 maybe you want root again, you need to unlock your device again via HTCDev, flash TWRP recovery and flash SuperSU app.
Flash stock rooted 2.13.651.1 firmware
For those who don’t want to use a RUU to update their device. You can just flash a stock rooted 2.13 ROMs, this will make your phone updated to the latest firmware version with HTC Sense 4.1 yet still secure root access. In case you still have Hboot 1.12 and planning to gain S-OFF, you can pick a ROM without Hboot 1.19 included. Head to this thread to download stock rooted ROM collections.