The LG G4 is the new LG flagship Android smartphone for this year, it comes with high-end hardware specs and also the most recent version of Android (5.1 Lollipop) that makes it able to compete with other flagship phones from a different brand. In the US, the LG G4 comes to all major carriers like Verizon, Sprint, AT&T and T-Mobile with similar specifications except the radio parts and the firmware.
The H810 variant can only be used on the AT&T network by default, in other words the device is network locked. But we still have the option to unlock the AT&T LG G4 (H810) and use it with other GSM operators like T-Mobile.
AT&T can give you the unlock code upon request for free, as long as they can reasonably acquire them from LG, and you should meet their requirements and you will get it within two business days. Here are some of the requirements: the account needs to be active for 60 days at a minimum, it’s not a lost or stolen device, it’s not active on another account and the phone’s commitments, installment plan, and termination fees are paid.
For those who do not want to get in touch with AT&T reps to get a free unlock code, you can also take advantage of the many services available on the net to get the unlock code for AT&T LG G4 (H810), but you have to buy for it.
When get it through AT&T reps will take two business days or more, but with the unlock service, you will get the code in a few hours or even in minutes.
Here is a brief guide:
- Check your phone IMEI, head to Settings> About phone> Status, or if you have difficulty you can see the box that came with the device.
- Find the phone unlock service for AT&T, there are many providers who provide these services online, but you can also get it from eBay, it’s cheaper and more secure.
- Choose your unlock provider and give your IMEI number to them.
- Get a non AT&T GSM SIM card.
- Now we will try to unlock the phone. Turn off the LG G4, replace the AT&T SIM card with a non acceptable GSM card. Turn it on, then put the unlock code when requested.
- If the previous method does not work, you can try another method. Turn on the phone with the AT&T SIM card, then dial the following combination
2945#*810#. The 810 from H810, the LG G4 model number for AT&T Mobility US.
- The last method is to call
*#865625#then enter the code when asked.