The LG G2 featured great hardware specs such as Quad core 2.26 GHz Krait CPU, which assures the speed of these smartphone, not just that it also comes with 2GB of RAM which allows us to run more than one app at a time (multi-tasking). In terms of software, these devices also come with Android 4.2.2 which run smoother than previous versions .
However, there’s no guarantee for smartphone with excellent hardware specs and up to date OS to run lag-free, at least it is perceived by users who still feel annoying lag including the camera lag on the LG G2, we don’t know for sure what is causing the lag, but allegedly the issue come from the software like kernel settings, as well as a lot of bloatware app that runs processes in the background.
So for those who wish to get rid of LG G2 lag issues including the camera lag, here’s the short step by step how to get lag free smartphone without requiring root access or TWRP recovery, so that it can be done on the stock unmodified device.
- Open dial pad and type the following characters and number combination (3845#*802#). In case you get nothing after typing this combination , then you can try to replace the last three numbers with your specific device models, for example (3845#*801#) for T-Mobile LG G2 (D801) or 802 for the Canadian variant.
- Scroll down until you find the High temperature property settings, change the default value from OFF to ON.
- Now turn off your LG G2, wait a while for about 15 seconds before turning it on again.
- Once fully booted up, you’ll soon notice the changes, our devices become smoother and also the LG G2 camera lag will disappear.
Unfortunately not all variants can perform this trick such as the Verizon (VS980) and AT&T (D800) LG G2. But we can still carry out the other way by using an app, this time we need root access.
- Install Trickster MOD Kernel Settings from Play Store, it’s free.
- Open the app, then go to the Kernel General section.
- On CPU Governor Control setting, change value from ondemand to interactive.
Shortly after changing the governor setting we will feel the difference, even there’s a user who reported that their LG G2 now has better battery life and never getting their phone running hot.