The Verizon DROID RAZR HD and MAXX HD have been getting an update to newer system version: 9.30.1.XT926.Verizon.en.US and 9.18.94.XT926.Verizon.en.US. Since then all users who already applying the updates, must be willing to live without root access for about two months, since in those days, there’s no working method to regain superuser privileges on both the smartphone.
However, the wait is over as today root access can be restored by using Saferoot, an exploit that wasn’t designed to work with these smartphones. The Saferoot was designed for the Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4, but when try it to root 9.30.1 / 9.18.94 system update from OTA, the result is sweet, su access can be obtained again.
We should thank to k1mu – a developer from xda – who build the saferoot exploit that surprisingly work well on these smartphone. Here is an easy step by step on how to root the DROID RAZR HD / MAXX HD running 9.30.1 / 9.18.94 system version by using Saferoot exploit.
- Grab and set up Android ADB drivers for XT926, if you already installed, just skip it.
- Download Saferoot exploit by k1mu.
- Go to Settings > Developers options, from there, enable USB debugging.
- A windows based computer.
Verizon DROID RAZR HD and MAXX HD 9.18.94 / 9.30.1 root by using Saferoot
- Unzip the “saferoot.zip” into a folder, you will see two files (install.bat and install.sh) and a folder(files) there.
- Run the exploit by double-clicking a “root.bat” file, you’ll see a new CMD window pop up.
- Now connect your phone to the PC, our advice is, only use an OEM USB cable that shipped with the phone.
- If you are sure the device has been connected and adb drivers are installed properly, then press any key to continue.
- The exploits will begin the rooting process, Your device will reboot in the middle of the process, just follow any instructions you’ve read.
- After the exploit finish its task, open an app called SuperSU then finish su binaries installation.
- Done. Your DROID RAZR HD / MAXX HD running 9.18.94 / 9.30.1 should rooted now with SuperSU.