Beginning of this year is a special moment for Verizon DROID RAZR M users, since root access that is impossible at that time, now can be achieved again. As you may know, since RAZR M (XT907) has received an OTA update in November 2013 with newer software version (98.18.94.XT907.Verizon.en.US or 98.30.1.XT907.Verizon.en.US) makes root access is impossible to obtain, every single method that tried ended with failure.
However, the wait is over, as new root exploit has been found. Interestingly, the method used is not really intended for this device, but many users on xda reported that this exploit could also work to root 98.30.1 or 98.18.94 system version that’s running into DROID RAZR M.
- A Computer running Windows OS (Win 8, 7 or XP).
- XT907’s ADB interface drivers, skip this if you already have the drivers installed.
- Download one-click Saferoot exploit (saferoot.zip) and save it into your PC.
- Open developers option, then enables USB debugging.
Easy Guide: Verizon DROID RAZR M 98.18.94 and 98.30.1 root by using Saferoot
- Attach your device to the computer via USB, an OEM Motorola USB cable and USB 2.0 port are recommended.
- Unzip the downloaded saferoot.zip file into a folder by using 7zip or other tool. Make sure you’ve two files and a folder there.
- Go to extracted folder, then double-click on “install.bat”.
- Once the command prompt window (CMD) appears, just hit any key to start the rooting procedure.
- Your phone will reboot during rooting process, after boot up open new SuperSU then finish the su binaries installation. Once done, your Verizon DROID RAZR M running 98.18.94 or 98.30.1 should has root access.