The Verizon Wireless subscribers who wish to upgrade would definitely be interested with the VZW LG G3, aside it’s sale for only $ 99.99 with 2 year agreement, this device also the latest flagship phone available on Verizon. Sports a Quad HD IPS display, which 4x better when compared to the typical HD resolution, 2.5 GHz Quad-Core Processor and 3 GB of RAM, it could help you do any kind of task without a lag. For some people, especially the Android enthusiast, no matter how great the specs and features offered, if the root on Verizon LG G3 (VS985) can’t be obtained, would make this phone boring.
Luckily, LG currently has a solid community and a several of amazing developers who want to offer their ability to build a powerful yet easy method to make the Verizon LG G3 (VS985) rooted. Thank to autoprime from xda, who build the IOroot script that is able to provide superuser privileges to this phone with an easy method, so anyone can get it done in no time, including novice users.
Actually, the IOroot is not a one-click method, but as we said earlier, this method is not too difficult to do. The towelroot app is the true one-click method at the moment, but it can not work with VZW variants, only AT&T (D850) and several other variants can successfully utilize this app. You don’t need any special skills to be able to use IOroot script, but for those who are new to this script, it does not hurt to read a brief guidelines below.
- Verizon LG G3 with (VS985), tested and successfully working on a device running 10B firmware version.
- LG G3 USB drivers, since Verizon variants has different installers with the others, so be sure to choose VZW WHQL drivers.
- Download the current version of IOroot by autoprime.
- Enable USB debugging on your phone.
VZW LG G3 root (VS985) with IOroot script by autoprime
We use the a script uploaded on June 17, 2014 (from the IOroot listing page)
- Extract the IOroot zip file, you might find 4 files and a folder there.
- Connect your phone, make sure your computer recognizes your G3, then change your connection from MTP to Internet connection, after that select Ethernet.
- Open the extracted IOroot folder, then double click on ioroot.bat (Windows), ioroot.tool (Mac OSX) or run the ioroot.sh (Linux).
- Your phone will boot into recovery mode, from there choose “Apply update from ADB” with power button, then let the script do the rest.
- Once done your Verizon LG G3 should rooted now, now verify it by installing Titanium Backup and try to remove some bloatware apps.