After the launched the official Lollipop update for the LG G3 for Verizon Wireless (VS98523A), now LG has been released another software update with newer software version VS98523B. When looked at the software version, from 23A to 23B, it’s most likely only small bug fixes or security enhancements, which going to improve the performance of this 2014 LG flagship smartphone. However, there is one thing you should remember, after updating Verizon LG G3 to VS98523B root will be gone, and we need to regain it.
But it seems we are still blessed, since it coincides with the release of new LG root utility and it’s ready to provide superuser privileges to our phone. The great thing is, we can root Verizon LG G3 running 23B software (Android 5.0.1) easily using a one-click tool provided by a developer from xda forums.
Although until now this utility has no name, but it’s a powerful utility, because it can give superuser privileges to dozens of LG Android smartphones or tablets. Initially, this tool was built to LG G2 running official Lollipop, but it could also work for other LG devices, even though it’s still running Android 4.4 KitKat.
Actually, you can regain root on VS98523B for Verizon LG G3 without looking at this guide, since it is quite easy.
But for those who have never done rooting, here’s our wrap up:
- Install the most recent VZW LG Drivers on your computer (Windows).
- Enable USB debugging from phone main settings.
- Connect the phone to the computer via OEM USB cable.
- Grab the one-click root script package.
- Extract the script package.
- Locate the extracted folder and find a file called ‘LG Root script.bat’, then follow the on-screen information.