UPDATE!!! New easy one click method was released, root this phone in no time with towelroot app by geohot.
Verizon DROID RAZR M KitKat update has been released in the beginning of May, this is could be an evidence that Motorola still care to its products, even though it has been released nearly two years ago. I’m sure most of the RAZR M users have been upgraded to Android 4.4.2, except for rooted users, since some of them aren’t sure that superuser privileges can still be obtained after the software update procedure. This might be the right steps, since so far there’s no working root for VZW DROID RAZR M running KitKat update (182.46.10 or 183.46.10), especially for devices with locked bootloaders.
For those who are not aware, together with the latest Android 4.4.2, this software update also provides several enhancements as well as new features for your smartphone, including security patches that blocks earlier root method to work, considerably better WiFi connection, significantly better roaming, it’s very useful for those who frequently travel abroad.
Here we will show you how to regain root on Verizon DROID RAZR M running KitKat update, however, this guide can only be done on a device with UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER only.
- An unlocked DROID RAZR M (XT907) running official Android 4.4.2 OTA update with 182.46.10 or 183.46.10 software version.
- Update your Motorola USB drivers to the latest version.
- Grab flashable Chainfire’s SuperSU in zip.
- Get CWM recovery for KitKat firmware by dhacker (xt926-KK-CWM-6048.img).
- ADB and Fastboot knowledge.
Keep root on VZW DROID RAZR M running official KitKat update (software version 182.46.10 or 183.46.10)
Before proceeding, put the CWM KitKat to into the adb/fastboot folder.
- Now we need to switch the stock recovery with the CWM, type the following command:
adb reboot bootloader
// The phone should boot into AP Fastboot mode now
fastboot flash recovery xt926-KK-CWM-6048.img
- Copy the flashable SuperSU zip into your external SD card.
- Boot into recovery by running the following command:
// Right after hit enter, hold the volume up button, you should boot into CWM now.
- Now flash the “UPDATE-SuperSU-v*.**.zip” via CWM recovery.
- Once flashing done, reboot the system.
- Let the phone boot, sometimes take a little longer (couple of minutes). Now run the SuperSU app within app drawer, let it configure su for the first time. Your VZW DROID RAZR M with KitKat should rooted now.