An official Android 5.0 Lollipop update finally released for Verizon LG G2 with software version VS98039A, the same version as the leaked firmware that has been published some time ago, but at this time we do not have to install it manually because it’s already available via OTA, just download and install it. If you already rooted, you don’t have to worry about losing root access since we can easily root Lollipop update for Verizon LG G2.
Verizon Wireless has been announced the update at the end of last month and they encourage its user to accept the update as it brings quite a lot of changes that will enhance the user experience and performance. The Lollipop version provides brand new material design that delivers sophisticated animations and 3-D views, 64-bit ABI support and improved runtime (ART), but you might get problems with apps that are not compatible with ART.
For Android enthusiast, this software update does not really affect their activities, since we still able to get root on VS98039A Lollipop for Verizon LG G2. The method used also quite easy as it an one-click script. The method was actually created for the Korean version of the G2, but it could work well with other variants.
Because the Lollipop root procedure is fairly easy, almost anyone can do it. However, in case you are still curious about the process, here we provide a brief guide:
Listed here are the requirements and how to accomplish it:
- Prepare your computer, Windows OS is preferred.
- Install the latest Verizon LG USB drivers (LG VZW United WHQL).
- Enable USB debugging on your phone.
- Download the avicoh’s one-click script and extract it.
- Connect the phone to the PC via USB cable.
- Look at the folder you’ve extracted before and double-click to run the ‘LG Root Script.bat’.
- Your Verizon LG G2 running Lollipop 39A should rooted now with SuperSU app installed.
- Having troubles or seems unlucky with this one-click script? Try the manual way!.