The Verizon LG Intuition (VS950) was the first phablet device from LG mobile, its called phablet since it has a large display (5 inches). At first release, this smartphone comes with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, and in November finally gets an update to Jelly Bean. Here we will guide you to root LG Intuition on Android 4.1.2 (VS95022B).
The Jelly Bean update received by this smartphone most likely the last update, the software version updated to VS95022B and bring new OS as well as several enhancements and bug fixes, but the most noticed changes is the increasing number of preinstalled bloatware apps like My Verizon, Backup Assistant, VZ Navigator, NFL Mobile and many more.
To gain root, we will utilize a tool called Cydia Impactor, this tool will attempt to get root then inject SuperSU’s binaries into the system. Previously this tool also managed to give root to multiple Android devices like the Moto X and the new Verizon DROID family, so you should not hesitate to use it. Listed here is a detailed guide about how to make your Verizon LG Intuition with Android 4.1.2 has root access.
- Get the updated LG USB drivers for your device, just to make sure that your computer can still recognize your device after updated to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean.
- A Computer with Windows OS, since we are using the Windows version of the tool. The Mac OS X or Linux version also available, and how it works is also almost the same as Win version.
- Enable USB debugging, head to phone Settings > Developer options.
- Download the Cydia Impactor exploit from its official site.
Verizon LG Intuition root Android 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean) with software version VS95022B
- Link up the the phone to the computer via USB cable.
- Unzip the Cydia package you’ve downloaded before, once extracted you will discover many files, the most important file is the impactor executable (Impactor.exe). Just double-click on it to run the file.
- Once the app running, on dropdown option, select “# drop SuperSU su to /system/xbin/su” then hit the start button. The app will now try to get root and inject superuser binaries into LG Intuition.
- As soon as the process is completed, you will notice a SuperSU app installed, this app will manage superuser request on your phone. Launch the app and let it finish the su installation, and your LG Intuition with Android 4.1.2 should rooted now, test it to backup or remove bloatware using Titanium Backup.