AT&T branded Samsung Galaxy S3 mini (SM-G730A) was present for those who desire to have the original Galaxy S3 but with compact size. Despite its has mini dimension, but almost all the features had by its big brother also owned by this device. The best thing is, you can get this smartphone for free with 2 year contract with A &T, so you can take benefit from super fast AT&T 4G LTE without having to spend more money to purchase a smartphone.
If you have a passion for mod an Android device, choosing this device is not a mistake, as the superuser access can be obtained on this device. So, when our AT&T Galaxy S3 mini has root privileges we can easily customize it, for example, using Xposed framework to customize the TouchWiz UI, use Titanium Backup to remove bloatware, or even Overclocking the CPU.
Many root methods available out there, but nothing is working on this smartphone, since it’s not a flagship smartphone, so only a few Android developers who willing to contribute. However, fortunately there is an app called Kingo, which succeeded in making our AT&T Galaxy S3 mini has a root privilege, this is not surprising as previously this app also works when used on the Verizon variant of the S3 mini.
- A Windows computer with internet access.
- An ADB interface driver for Galaxy S III mini from USB driver or Samsung KIES.
- Download and setup Kingo Android Root on your computer.
- Make sure you enable USB Debugging from Developers option, read here how to reveal it.
One click root AT&T Galaxy S3 mini (SM-G730A) by using Kingo
- Run Kingo on your PC.
- Connect your phone and wait until your device is recognized, when the process of connecting taking a very long time, we advise you to reinstall the USB drivers.
- Once identified, then you will see your device model number and the root status of your phone.
- Now hit ROOT button at the bottom and let Kingo do its job, never unplug the USB or close the window until you get a success or fail message.
- Once you get a success message, your AT&T Galaxy S III mini has root access now with SuperSU as the su management app.