These days in order to gain root privileges on the android smartphone is not a difficult action to take, it can be seen from MetroPCS Galaxy Mega that was able to get root access though it just released earlier this week, exactly on November 25. Rooted devices have many advantages like getting rid of unused pre-installed app or for those who bored with the standard Samsung TouchWiz UI and desire to customize it with Xposed Framework.
As has been reported previously, MetroPCS variant of the Samsung Galaxy Mega finally landing this month. This offers a new option to MetroPCS subscribers who want a bigger smartphone that has 6.3 inch HD display, much wider than the Galaxy Note 3. To compliment with the wide screen, the device is powered by a 1.7 GHz dual-core processor, 1.5 GB of RAM and 3200 mAh battery capacity.
To help us obtain root on MetroPCS Galaxy Mega (SGH-M819N) we need an app called Kingo, which is a one-click root app for android smartphone. Previously, the app also managed to make the Sprint variant of Mega rooted.
- Setup device drivers if you have never connected the device to the computer before.
- Download and install Kingo Android root on your Windows computer.
- USB debugging must be enabled in order to get in touch with Kingo, click here on how to enable it.
- Attach your device to computer via USB cable.
- Launch Kingo Android Root app from the computer and follow the given instructions.
If the rooting process goes smoothly then you will get a success message, your MetroPCS Galaxy Mega achieved root now, you can begin to perform some mods on your smartphone.