If you wish to achieve root on the Sprint LG G Flex 2 (LS996) then there is a good news for you, this smartphone has been successfully rooted with easy to use one-click script. The script even have been made before the device was released. Formerly, the script also has been successfully delivering superuser privileges to the Korean version of the G Flex 2. This root script initially wasn’t made for this smartphone, but for LG G2, but many folks have managed to get it working on other LG devices.
The rooted LS996 could be a nice start for active Android development, it could help the devs to get most out of this phone. Perhaps, someday we will be able to find a method to unlock the bootloader, or even we could experience custom recovery like TWRP or custom AOSP ROMs like CM12 for this second generation of G Flex.
The LG G Flex 2 is a powerful device, it sports a 1.5 GHz quad-core Snapdragon CPU, Adreno 430 GPU and 3GB of RAM, making every application run smooth like a butter. Root access could make it even better, when the custom recovery becomes available, we will be able to use Xposed Framework to make this phone look more gorgeous.
Achieve root on the Sprint LG G Flex 2 (LS996) is not too difficult to perform, even a starter can get it done.
Here is a step by step how to undertake it:
- Make sure you’ve installed the latest LG USB drivers on your computer.
- Enable USB debugging from the main phone settings.
- Connect your phone to the computer via USB and make sure your device recognizes it.
- Download the LG one-click root script package and unzip it.
- Find the bat file from the unzipped folder, then double-click on it to run the script.
- Follow any on-screen command and it will done automatically. Your LS996 should rooted now.