The Android 4.4.2 KitKat update already released for Sprint LG G Flex LS995 in late April with ZV6 software version, we believe almost all users already apply the software update. If there are some people who are still nervous to accomplish the update, possibly they fear the loss of data or their customization. But as long as you do all the procedures correctly, then your valuable data will be safe during the upgrade, and don’t forget the make a backup first. However, for rooted users, you must be prepared to lose root access once successfully updated your Sprint LG G Flex to KitKat.
The ZV6 version is a major software update since it contains the most recent Android OS, other than that, this update also brings new features like Knock Code, which is a new security feature that allowing you to wake and unlock the phone when you tap the same sequence anywhere on the phone screen. When you activate it, the knockon double-tap to wake will be disabled.
For those who still want to have root access on the Sprint LG G Flex running KitKat official update, we can still use the same method just like in Jelly Bean firmware. We should thank to autoprime from xda, who still cares by updating its IOroot script to work with the Android 4.4.2 update. Here we provide the requirements and step by step how to get it done.
- Pick up the most up-to-date release of LG USB drivers.
- Allow USB debugging on the device and also activate Airplane mode.
- Attach your G Flex to the PC thru USB, then put it to charge only.
- Get the IOroot script, the proven version is v2.5 but you can pick the latest one if available.
Easily root Sprint LG G Flex running official KitKat update (LS995ZV6 – Android 4.4.2)
- Well before executing the root method, it’s better to carry out an EFS backup which contains many crucial data, including Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, MAC address and IMEI. Just run the adb command below inside the adb/fastboot folder:
dd if=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/modemst1 of=/sdcard/modemst1.img
dd if=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/modemst2 of=/sdcard/modemst2.img
- Unzip the IOroot file with Winzip or 7zip, you will notice loads of files there.
- Find a file called “root.bat” then execute it (double-click).
- The IOroot script will attempt to recognize your Sprint LG G Flex then implement the proper exploit for your phone then follow any on screen instructions.
- As soon as mission accomplished, open your phone, then run the SuperSU app to complete the su installation. Your Sprint LG G Flex running official KitKat update (ZV6) should rooted now.