The Sprint variant of the LG G Flex has been available online starting 31 January, priced at $299 with 2 year agreement, still pricey considering its a new released phone. However, we believe, it can compete with the LG G2, since it has a unique curved design and flexible body that is not owned by another smartphone at this time.
Since it’s also available with other major US carrier such as AT&T and T-Mobile, the Android development of this device will be quite active, so it will be attracting Android enthusiast, especially when we have a dev like autoprime from xda who provided a method to root Sprint LG G Flex (LS995).
In most cases, many users who want root, are those who want to make their Android smartphones running as they want, and modifying the User Interface (UI) is the main reason. Luckily, there’s a Xposed Framework and modules that can help us, but your Sprit LG G Flex should have root access before start using it.
- Grab the latest version of the ioroot script by autoprime, if the new version cannot work nicely, try to get an earlier version.
- Setup LG G Flex USB driver on your computer, the driver only available for Windows based laptop or computer.
- Prepare the USB cable that came with your phone.
- Enable USB debugging on Settings > Developer Options.
- Turn on the airplane mode.
Sprint LG G Flex (LS995) root with ioroot script on a Windows
- Extract the downloaded package, to make it better organized extract it inside new folder, since you’ll see many files there.
- Attach your device to your PC using a USB cable, a USB 2.0 slot is preferred, then set it to charge only.
- Find a file named “root.bat”, just double click on it to run the script.
- If you have been convinced that all requirements have been met, now press any key to run the script. The script will automatically identify your phone model number and the software version and it will select the proper exploit for your specific device. Remember to keep looking at ioroot window and follow any on screen instructions.
- Once the script has finished its work, you will see a new app called SuperSU installed, open it, then follow the procedure to install su binaries, your Sprint LG G Flex should have root at this point.