For those who wish to customize their AT&T/Sprint LG Optimus G (E970/LS970), obtaining root access could be the action to take. Through rooting, we also have the chance to improve our device performance such as removing or freezing unused/bloatware apps to free some space on internal storage and increase battery life, CPU Overclocking, full backup apps and many others.
As you may know Optimus G is the latest Smartphone from LG come with greatest hardware specs, powered by 1.5 GHz Quad-core S4 CPU, Adreno 320 GPU and 2 GB of RAM. Hopefully, after gaining root access, all the device capabilities can be used optimally.
Getting root access on this device isn’t very difficult, not through a complicated process. This guide will show you how to root AT&T or Sprint LG Optimus G (E970/LS970) using a root exploit by galleri from xda.
- Turn USB Debugging on your device, go to Settings > General tab > Developer options. And also check “Unknown sources” on Settings > General tab > Security.
- Get LG E970 or LS970, the device drivers are required to engage with your Windows computer.
- Connect your phone via USB as charge only, make sure it recognized by your PC.
- Grab root exploit directly from xda (mirror), and extract it.
- Run “RootOptimusG.bat”, and follow all instructions properly. In the middle of the root process, your device will ask for restore, just hit “Restore my data”, and it will reboot. Don’t disconnect USB cable till script says it was successful.
- Go to Play Store and update SuperSU app.