Verizon LG Intuition is the device with the lack of support from the Android developers, it can be seen from the lack of custom ROMs available as well as other mods. The Lack of devs support make an effort to achieve root access on LG Intuition (VS950) becomes more challenging, especially for those who a new comer to Android.
But luckily there is still a talented developer like Bin4ry, who is able to develop general root scripts that can work for many devices. He built this script by utilizing Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) vulnerabilities, so the root can be obtained easily. Previously there are some LG smartphones that managed to get root by using this script like the LG Optimus L7 (P705).
!! UPDATE NEW ROOT FOR LG INTUITION RUNNING ANDROID 4.1.2 JELLY BEAN !!
Here is a guide on how to root LG Intuition (VS950) easily by using Root with Restore Script by Bin4ry.
- Make sure the device USB drivers are installed properly on your PC/Notebook, otherwise you can get it from the LG Support site.
- Enable USB debugging in Settings > Developers option, so that your phone can be recognized by ADB (Android Debug Bridges).
- Then also allow your phone to install non-market apps, go to Settings > Security and then check Unknown sources.
- Grab the latest root script by Bin4ry at his thread on Xda, and then extracts the script anywhere on your PC’s hard disk.
- Now connect LG Intuition to PC via USB cable.
- Run the script by double-clicking Runme.bat, if you notice device selection options, type 1 to select normal. Watch the rooting process and follow all instructions properly.
- When successful, you will get a success message and you should discover a new app installed, titled Superuser.
Once the root has successfully achieved on LG Intuition (VS950), now you can carry out some mods to the device’s system partition, such as doing a full backup, delete the pre-installed apps (bloatware). If you wish to remove bloatware apps, make sure to remove or freeze the right file, removing the wrong files could make your device stuck on LG Security Error bootscreen.