For those of you who’re planning to upgrade the phone, maybe you should think about getting a Verizon DROID DNA ADR6435, as it’s equipped with the best hardware specs thus far (1080p display, Quad-core Krait Processor and 2GB of RAM), additionally you can easily get root access on HTC DROID DNA in order to get the most out of your smartphone. Root access can be obtained by flashing root exploit and supersu app via custom recovery (TWRP or CWM), and also don’t forget to perform a backup, since this process will wipe all your data. here are the complete guide how to root this device:
Update!! Since HTCDev revoke unlock capabilities, we need to utilize SuperCID app for DNA, find out how to use it here.
Step by Step Rooting Verizon HTC DROID DNA ADR6435
- Make sure device drivers already installed on your PC/laptop as well as the Android SDK.
- Unlock your smartphone via HTCDev.com, on the Supported Devices choose “All Other Supported Models”, for a complete guide you can learn an HTC unlocking guide. When successful, you’ll notice UNLOCKED banner on bootloader mode.
- Download a custom recovery, you can opt for TWRP or ClockworkMod (CWM), after that move the file to the “android-sdk/platform-tools/” folder in your PC, it’s better to rename the file for instance twrp-recovery.img or cwm-recovery.img.
- Download SuperSU app and busybox, by HQRaja and copy it into internal storage.
- Go to bootloader mode by turn off your phone first, and then press volume up and power button simultaneously, then select FASTBOOT menu. Connect the device with a PC via USB cable till get into “FASTBOOT USB” mode.
- Go to “platform-tools” folder (step 3), press and hold the Shift key and right-click mouse button and pick “Open command window here”, a Windows command prompt window will appear.
- Ensure that the TWRP/CWM file is inside the folder, then flash recovery by running command below (flash TWRP):
fastboot flash recovery twrp-recovery.img
After a successful flash, now back to the main menu by selecting the BOOTLOADER.
- Now it’s time to enter into recovery, from the Bootloader main menu, select RECOVERY.
- On TWRP/CWM main menu, select the Install menu and find the root file has been downloaded before (step 4) and then flash it.
- Done. You can try to download MyBackup or Titanium Backup to verify root access on HTC DROID DNA.