If you are a Sprint Galaxy S5 user, you might have experienced a few annoying bugs like the touchscreen responsiveness or email duplications, then this is good news for you. Today, Sprint and Samsung have released a new OTA for SM-G900P, with software version G900PVPU1AND2 which is only minor updates and the 41MB of file size, and just delivers several bug fixes. If your Sprint Galaxy S5 already rooted before take the G900PVPU1AND2 update, then you will run into problems, since the OTA update won’t be done if your software has been modified.
As we have mentioned previously, the OTA brings some bug fixes, the following is the changelog: allow camera capture while in a voice call, fixed alarm fails when removing alarm, fixed email duplication when moving a message from an initial folder to another, fixed Daydream when making use of S View Cover, fixed device not responsive when you use an S View Cover, S Finder now includes Google search results. With many bug fixes are brought, it would be a pity if you skipped this update, however, we can still get root on Sprint Galaxy S5 runs G900PVPU1AND2.
The procedure to gain root access on G900PVPU1AND2 is identical to before, by making use of CF-Auto-Root tool made by Chainfire. Nonetheless, this method will trip ‘KNOX WARRANTY VOID’ counter on your device, so if the warranty is very important for you, you should wait until a new method is introduced.
- Windows computer, since the Odin only runs Windows OS.
- The updated release of Galaxy S5 USB Drivers.
- Grab the CF-Auto-Root file, which uniquely created for Sprint Galaxy S5 seek out “SM-G900P” model.
- Charge your battery, no less than 50%.
Sprint Galaxy S5 (G900PVPU1AND2) root by utilizing CF-Auto-Root from Chainfire
- Unzip the CF file (CF-Auto-Root-kltespr-kltespr-smg900p.zip), once extracted you will see numerous data files there, the main file is “Odin3-v3.07.exe” and “CF-Auto-Root-kltespr-kltespr-smg900p.tar.md5”.
- Run Odin v3.0.7 inside the folder, double-click on it, when the app request an administrator right, then simply decide on Yes.
- As soon as the Odin operating, click on PDA button and keep an eye out for “CF-Auto-Root-kltespr-kltespr-smg900p.tar.md5”.
- Get your phone, turn it off, now hit this key combination (Vol down + Home + Power), if you notice a warning screen, just choose continue.
- Connect the Sprint Samsung Galaxy S5 to the PC via USB, and make sure the ID:COM is highlighted.
- This is the time to start out the main process, simply click the Start button. The procedure is fairly quick, only a couple of minutes. Once done the, Odin will restart your phone.
As soon as the phone boots up, you can see SuperSU app installed, run it and it install su binaries for you, your Sprint Galaxy S5 runs G900PVPU1AND2 now rooted. When SuperSU provides you a choice to disable KNOX, the decision is up to you, but many folks are disabling it.