The Verizon LG Optimus Exceed is formerly known as LG Lucid 4G which was released last year, but now VZW rebrand it to Optimus Exceed and sell it as a prepaid smartphone only for US $109.99, the price is quite affordable for a 4-inches phone with dual-core CPU and pre-loaded with Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich). Although not a flagship phone and haven’t any development, the LG Optimus Exceed has achieved root access, using a root exploit from the other LG smartphone.
The exploit for LG Spectrum can be used on this phone might be because both phones have identical firmware (ICS), so that we can root LG Optimus Exceed (VS840PP) with one click tool that has been available. Once rooted we will be able to get the most out of this smartphone including removing bloatware or pre-installed apps, performing a full backup of apps and settings or even overclock it to make it faster than before.
Below is a step by step on how to make our Verizon LG Optimus Exceed has root privileges, be sure to follow the guide in sequence and don’t forget to backup your important data before starting the rooting process.
- Get the proper device drivers from LG’s official support site and search by category to find your device (LG VZW_United_WHQL_v2.11.1.exe).
- Enable USB debugging and Unknown sources on phone’s settings.
- Connect the device to a PC via USB cable, and set USB connectivity to Ethernet mode.
- Download the zip packaged root exploit tool (LG_Spectrum_ICS.zip) then extract it.
- Locate “windows-install.bat” and execute it by double clicking it.
A CMD window will show up, follow all the commands that you see on the root tool and make sure you pay attention to the whole rooting process of LG Optimus Exceed. Once everything goes well then you will see a new app installed titled Superuser.