LG looks like trying to compete Samsung in the U.S. market, it can be seen from the number of LG smartphones which was released with the four major carriers in the U.S., and the latest one is the T-Mobile LG Optimus L90 (D415). The smartphone sports a powerful 1.2 Quad-core processor, 4.7-inch IPS display with 540×960 resolution, 2,460 mAh long lasting battery. In terms of software, it runs Android 4.4.2 KitKat OS with amazing LG’s features such as Knock ON, Guest Mode, QSlide, Quick Memo, Plug&Pop and even more.
As we said earlier, this smartphone has a great software and hardware specs, but for those who want more, you can get the most out of this phone by obtaining root on T-Mobile LG Optimus L90 (D415). With superuser privileges you will be able to do a lot of things on your device, one of which is to customize the UI (User Interface), such as customizing fonts, status bar, icons, lockscreen, etc. which can be done easily by Xposed Framework and its modules.
Fortunately, gaining root on T-Mobile LG Optimus L90 is not too hard to do, thanks to geohot for creating an awesome app called TowelRoot. This phone is one of the dozens of Android devices which managed to get superuser access with the help of this one click root app. Not only T-Mobile variants (D415), it should work on other models too (D410, D405).
- LG Optimus L90 (D415, D410, D405) running KitKat.
- Download an apk file of TowelRoot app, it’s only 100KB.
- Get SuperSU by Chainfire, it’s a superuser management app.
- Enable Unknown sources on main phone settings, since the ‘towel’ app isn’t available on Google.
How to root T-Mobile LG Optimus L90 (D415) works with D410, D405 too
Note: Before undertaking the next steps, remember this only apply for initial firmware. If the phone has been updated to Lollipop, you should use a new method, see update link above.
- Head to where you save the ‘towel’ app installer (tr.apk).
- Open the app drawer, then run ‘towelroot’ app. Once the app launched, just tap the ‘make it ra1n’ button.
- Let the ‘towel’ complete its rooting jobs. Once done, you can restart your phone, but it’s optional.
- Now launch the SuperSU app on your phone, it will install su binary for the first time.
- After su installation completed, your phone is ready, and your T-Mobile LG Optimus L90 (D415) should rooted now.