Surprisingly, AT&T has provided another software update for LG G2 (D800) to build number KOT491.D80020k starts 8 April. Most of G2 users are still happy to play with its new Android 4.4.2 KitKat update that they received at the end of February. For those who are curious about the root, don’t get worried we still can obtain root on the AT&T LG G2 D80020k running software version.
This update is a minor since it only bring 5.9MB of file, the update offers you Host Card Emulation (HCE) support and Google+ app updates. For those who previously disappointed with Google Wallet compatibility, then the D80020k update is for you, it will enable the Tap to Pay. If you are still rooted on D80020c, you still can get an update notification, but you can’t do the installation, since we need to run stock software before applying the OTA, you also need to restore the bloatware that you have disabled before.
We should give thanks to autoprime as the developer of IOroot script, simply because once again he saved our lives. Here is a prerequisite and a guide how to make your AT&T LG G2 with D80020k rooted.
- Grab the most recent version of LG USB drivers.
- Enable USB debugging on your phone and turn on Airplane mode.
- Connect your phone to the computer via USB cable, then set it to charge only.
- Download IOroot v2.5 or newer on your PC.
How to make your AT&T LG G2 with D80020k rooted in no time
- Before performing the root procedure, many folks advised you to perform an EFS backup that contains important data (Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, MAC address and IMEI), simply run the following adb command:
dd if=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/modemst1 of=/sdcard/modemst1.img
dd if=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/modemst2 of=/sdcard/modemst2.img
- Extract the IOroot package file on your computer, you will see a lot of files there.
- Locate the “root.bat” and double click to execute it.
- The script will try to identify your device and will execute the right exploit, make sure that you stay looked on screen instruction.
- Once completed, your AT&T LG G2 with D80020k should rooted with SuperSU now.