Together with T-Mobile, LG unveiled the Optimus F3Q (D520) that designed for first-time Android smartphones users, it comes with almost all features you need to connect, share and live. Although not a LG flagship phone, but the device is equipped with decent hardware specs, including 1.2 GHz dual core processor, 1GB of RAM, longer lasting battery (2,460 mAh), 4.0 “WVGA display and 5-line slide-out qwerty keyboard which makes you type more rapidly. Interestingly, now we can get root access on LG Optimus F3Q running Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean.
With root privileges we will be able to get the most out of this phone, since there are some great apps that require superuser access to work, for example, Titanium Backup to get rid of unused bloatware apps and free up some storage space, Wi-Fi tethering, Xposed framework for some User Interface tweaks, and many others.
We should say thanks to the dev who has built Saferoot – a one click root script. Initially, he built Saferoot for Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4, amazingly it also works on some smartphones running Jelly Bean including the T-Mobile LG Optimus F3Q (D520).
- Make sure the device has been recognized by your computer, in case you’ve never connected your device to the PC, then you need a LG USB driver.
- On your phone, enable USB debugging, reach this option by going to Setting -> Developer options.
- Grab Saferoot one-click root script by k1mu.
T-Mobile LG Optimus F3Q (D520) root with one-click Saferoot script
- Unzip the saferoot package you’ve downloaded into a new folder, you will see two files and a folder there.
- Link up your phone to your PC via USB, to make sure that your device is recognized, you can observe it in Windows’ Device Manager.
- Now open the folder where you’ve extracted the saferoot, then double-click the “install.bat” to run the script.
- After the script runs, the first part it will test the adb functionality, when there’s no driver issue, the script will do its jobs to root our LG Optimus F3Q for T-Mobile.
- Once done, you should see a new app installed, named SuperSU, launch it and finish the installation.