Galaxy S4 is a very popular android smartphone nowadays and this device sells great worldwide, in addition the S4 also has very active development, can be seen from the number of Custom ROMs or mods readily available, don’t be surprised since this device is supported by a lot of talented developers out there. We need to know that this smartphone was produced with different variants for each country or mobile network carriers, and not all mods or ROMs are compatible with all variants/phone models.
Due to the fact that each Galaxy S4 has a unique hardware, then the root method might vary, sometimes method for other variants could be working, but it’s safer to carry out a method that is specifically made for your phone models, additionally you wouldn’t encounter any problems when doing so.
There is an easy way for those who want to get root on the Canadian (Bell, Rogers, Telus, Virgin) Galaxy S4 with model number I337M, by using a one-click tool our smartphone will be rooted with custom recovery installed in no time. This tool uses Motochopper exploit by djrbliss, but with additional options to install a custom recovery, you can choose between CWM or TWRP, thanks to bhp090808 who develop this tool, making the process much easier for us. The following are instructions for utilizing this tool:
- Install device drivers for PC via Samsung KIES.
- Enable USB debugging and Unknown source on Phone Settings.
- Connect your device to a PC via a USB cable, make sure your device can be recognized by the PC.
- Grab “CANADIANI337M_3WAY_TOOL.zip” here, and save it on your hard disk drive.
- Extract the zip packaged tools above.
- Locate “RUN_ME.bat” file, double-click the file to run the tool.
- Once the tool is open, you will see several options, type 2 to achieve root (if you have not rooted before). When the rooting process is successful, then you will see a success message, and your phone will reboot. Well done, now your Canadian (Rogers, Bell, Virgin, Telus) Samsung Galaxy S4 has been rooted.
As soon as the rooting process is successful, now you can proceed to install custom recovery, but this is optional you don’t have to do it. Type 3 to install CWM Touch or 4 for TWRP recovery.