Another software update has been released by LG for Sprint variant of the LG G3 (LS990) with software version LS990ZVA. But don’t get too excited, since the update only brings small improvements, not a major update system to Android 5.1 which you may expect.
Based on its Changelogs, it only enables factory reset protection, we do not know for sure what the feature is, but most likely to protect your device from unexpected factory reset.
Previously, we can still get root after the phone updated to Android 5.0 (ZV8) by utilizing avicohh’s tools. Sad to say, the tool can no longer be used to root ZVA update for Sprint LG G3. For geek users, this is a big deal, because they are unable to mods their device just as before. But it did not last long till an Xda user – l33tlinuxh4x0r has succeeded in modifying the avicohh’s tool to be able to work on the ZVA update.
You should be able to get LS990ZVA software update notification at this time, and was able to download and install it, but if you have made many changes in the system apps, it is advisable to restore the device to stock condition first.
Here is a step by step on how to root LS990ZVA for Sprint LG G3.
- Install the latest LG G3 drivers on your computer.
- Enable USB debugging on the phone by accessing Settings.
- Download the modified avicohh tool from xda.
- Extract the file and look for “LG Root Script.bat” file and double-click it.
- Then follow any on-screen instructions, there will be several reboots.