Although not as fast as other variants that have received the official software updates to Lollipop, the T-Mobile branded LG G3 will also get the official update to software version D85120B which based on Android 5.0.1. Since it’s most awaited Android update, most people will install the updates as soon as they receive a notification. But we believe there are some folks who delay to install it, since they are going to lose root after updating to Lollipop (20B) on T-Mobile LG G3.
The Android 5.0 for LG G3 delivers a lot of changes over KitKat, like stunning user interface inspired by Google materials design as well as fluid animation that will make you more pleased with your phone. Not just that, you can expect better battery life and better performance with this update. T-Mobile also adds additional features that was not existed before, such as VoLTE capability and Wi-Fi Calling 2.0.
Regarding the superuser, it seems you do not have to worry because it seems we are still able to get root on Lollipop for T-Mobile LG G3. It’s all because of a new LG root toolkit has been discovered by a Korean dev and then refined by other devs from xda – unjustified Dev and avicoh. Utilizing the toolkit is also quite easy, as a one-click script is available now.
As we said earlier, the one-click solution is available, which also means that everyone can use it as long as they have a Windows computer and a micro USB cable.
If you are curious on how to undertake it, here we present a quick guide:
- On your Windows computer, install the newest LG G3 USB drivers (LG United Mobile Driver).
- Go to Developer options and allow USB debugging.
- Grab one-click LG root script by avicoh and extract (double-click the exe).
- Link up the G3 to the PC via OEM micro USB cable.
- Check out the extracted folder and run a file called ‘LG Root Script.bat’, then follow any given instructions to root.
- The T-Mobile LG G3 with Lollipop 20B should rooted now, you’ll notice a new app installed titled SuperSU.
- Are you getting any issues, consider trying the manual method.