Another software update has been released for T-Mobile variant of LG G4 (H811) with software version H81110n or 10n. This is the second update received by this smartphone, previously it got 10h update that improves software stability version with in June. Just as before, it is available via OTA, so you certainly will get a notification in the near future. But for those who have been rooted with custom recovery installed (TWRP), updating to H81110n for T-Mobile LG G4 via OTA will only bring new difficulties.
In general, an official OTA file can only be flashed with the stock recovery, not with the custom one. The update process might fail and ended with soft bricked device when you force it. The easiest way is to flashing the official 10n stock rooted ROM, since it comes with pre-rooted system out of the box, this kind of ROM usually has been optimized and debloated, which will make your phone has far better overall performance.
For those who prefer using a stock untouched official ROM, you can still get root on H81110n for T-Mobile LG G4. However, the procedure is not as easy as when you use a custom stock ROM, since we have to flash the phone back to stock with the official 10n KDZ file, re-flash the TWRP recovery then gain root with SuperSU.
For those who want to try the KDZ method to upgrade and regain root on 10n update for T-Mobile LG G4, here we provide an overview based on thread by senior xda members – mingkee.
- Download the stock official H81110n software update (KDZ).
- Grab the LG Flash Tool 2014.
- Get the One-Click TWRP installer for H8110 by MicroMod777.
- Recovery flashable SuperSU by Chainfire.
- Turn on the computer and install the required LG G4 driver.
- Open Flash Tool and CSE flash the KDZ file.
- Extract then runs the one click TWRP installer.
- Boot into TWRP then flashes the SuperSU zip.
You can download the required files and read comprehensive step by step guide directly on mingkee’s thread on xda.