The Chromecast is a media streaming device which able to delivering your beloved online shows, videos, music and even more to a TV using your Android devices (tablet or smartphone) and Laptop. This USB thumb drive sized device can mirror whatever you see on the small screen into the big screen. However, not all devices could work with Chromecast mirroring without any troubles, there are some Samsung and LG smartphone users who getting an error message like this “Unfortunately, the process com.android.systemui has stopped” when they make an attempt to mirroring several apps (especially Google apps).
According to a devs from xda, the problem is most likely caused by the LG UI and Samsung’s TouchWiz, which adjust their status bar with a volume slider. If you believe disable the volume slider can overcome the System UI crashes when mirroring with Chromecast, you are incorrect, since the code is still there and it will clashes with the way Chromecast operate.
Thankfully, there are devs from xda (HomerSp and Lennyuk) who care about this, the dev makes an xposed module that acts to prevent the “com.android.systemui has stopped” problem when casting Google apps (Google Play Music, Movies, etc. ) to a big screen. For Samsung Galaxy device users, when you are experiencing this problem, the dev also recommends you to try this xposed module, he says that it’s worth a try, and it cannot lead to any damage to your phone since you can simply deactivate it, in case it does not work for you.
- Root access.
- The latest stable version of Xposed Framework.
- Grab the XposedCastFix.apk (xposed module) from the dev’s thread on xda.
How to Fix “Unfortunately, the process com.android.systemui has stopped” on Chromecast
Tested and works nicely on the LG G3, G2 and LG G Flex.
- Open the Xposed Framework you’ve downloaded before then install it.
- Open the Xposed Installer app, select on Framework then tap Install/Update. Superuser request window will appears, just grant it. When installation successful, reboot your phone.
- Now install the XposedCastFix.apk file.
- Run Xposed Installer again, navigate to Module section, then enable the XposedCastFix module.
- Next reboot your device once again, and happy chromecasting without systemui crash.