The 5th Gen (2015) of the Amazon Fire tablet has been released recently, there are three Fire Tablet variants that you can choose, the Kindle Fire (7″ display), the Fire HD 8 (8″ display) and Fire HD 10 (10″ display), these all new tablets are offered at an affordable price. These three new devices also include a MicroSD card slot, compatible up to 128GB, the storage expansion is very useful to store massive HD contents like videos, as this tablet only shipped with 8/16 / 32GB of internal storage.
For transferring contents from a computer to this tablet or vice versa, we need a micro USB cable that will be linked via the USB ports. Before the two devices can communicate, we need a Kindle Fire / Fire HD 5th Gen USB drivers, since most likely the computer will not recognize the new devices that just connected via USB port.
When the Kindle successfully connected and recognized by the computer, you can access the device’s internal storage and SDcard storage from Explorer app (Windows OS) or it will Appear on the desktop when you use a Mac OS X. From there you can copy, paste, move, delete or some other files operations.
However, apps from the Amazon Appstore and purchased movies and TV shows can not be saved to your computer. Every video and photo copied into the Fire tablet will appear in the Photos content library and the Personal Videos app.
Download ADB and USB Drivers for Kindle Fire HD 2015 (5th Gen)
|1||USB Drivers||Kindle Fire 7, Fire HD 8/10|| Windows
Tomsgt’s tool (Windows Only)
Mac OS X
In addition to the needs of transferring contents, USB drivers for Kindle Fire / Fire HD 5th Gen (2015) are also useful for other purposes such as running adb commands, we may need it when we choose to install the Google Play Store app to this tablet, as we know this tablet does not include it, since Amazon has its own App Store.
Just follow any steps sequentially.
- Extract the zip package.
- Open Windows Device Manager.
- Look for Amazon Fire from listed hardware.
- Right click on it, and choose Properties, on Driver tab click Update driver button.
- When new window show up, choose “Browse my computer for driver software” > Let me pick… > Have disk button and locate to the extracted folder in step 1.
- Got trouble? You could try to disable drivers signature enforcement (Windows 8/10). Factory resetting the tablet is worth to try, since several users have done this.