Lately, you might have sms issue on Sprint HTC Evo 4G LTE, it let you send text but not receive it, and the worse case you can’t sending or receiving text messages from your cell phone. There are several possible causes which triggering sms issue, the first possible reason is Sprint Network currently down or might be they’re doing a network upgrade to LTE, and other possible cause is flashing custom ROMs/kernels to your device, and the worst case is that you get a malfunctioning product .
Here are some ways to find out the cause of the sms issue on HTC Evo 4G LTE:
- Try to make a phone call to another number, if you get a pending text messages after make a call it is likely that you’ve a bad luck.
- Ask your family members or neighbors who use Sprint if they had identical issue with you.
- In case you’re installing Google Voice try to check if this app doesn’t forwarding your text messages, navigate to the app Settings > General and see if the sms forwarding option marked, then moved to Settings> Phone and confirm Google Talk isn’t marked.
To get over text messaging issue on HTC Evo 4G LTE, you can take some action, such as:
- Head over to Sprint in order to find a solution, they will likely do an profile update and PRL.
- Update your devices with the latest official firmware from HTC, or flashing it with custom ROMs/kernels, it can be useful if the cause of the problem come from firmware or apps on your phone.
- Getting AIRAVE, it worth a try if you think there is a problem with Sprint network in your home.
- If all solutions couldn’t fix the text messaging issue then you can contact Sprint to get a replacement device, since there is a chance you get a defective unit.