For us and probably for most Android enthusiasts, Xposed Framework is amazing stuff in Android development. It allows us to get the most out of Android devices almost instantly, ranging from altering the stock User Interface (UI) mod to change how the Android system works, everything was done only by installing an app. Since it releases to Jelly Bean then KitKat, the Xposed installation procedure is straightforward, only install an APK.
But after Android 5.0 was released, we had to flash the required Xposed files via custom recovery, mostly due to the replacement of the Dalvik with Android Run Time (ART). It is quite difficult for those who do not have a custom recovery, not all Android devices have a custom recovery available. The requirement to install custom recovery is also quite difficult, an unlocked bootloader, as we know many carrier branded devices comes with locked bootloader.
A short time later, Chainfire released its new tool called FlashFire, a Mobile Odin successor. Previously this tool has frequently used to flash the stock rooted Samsung firmware, but some people have managed to use it for non-Samsung devices without any problems. Some people even use it to install Lollipop Xposed Framework without TWRP or CWM recovery, and succeeded without any troubles.
Please Note: Until now, installing Xposed Lollipop without custom recovery (CWM / TWRP) has been tested and reportedly working on some LG G4 variants. Some devices like Samsung’s flagship Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge, experience problems when using this tool. We can only hope that someday the Xposed installer can be compatible with FlashFire tool.
Following is the common step by step to install Xposed for Android 5.0.x/5.1.1 (Lollipop) with FlashFire without a TWRP or CWM, please note that each device might have a slightly different steps:
- Download the latest derivative version of Xposed for Lollipop (Android 5.1.1 or 5.0.1) by romracer.
- Grab the most recent FlashFire app by Chainfire, you need to become beta tester beforehand.
- Open The FlashFire app, then grant superuser when requested.
- Tap the plus (+) button at the bottom to show the menu.
- Choose “Flash ZIP or OTA” menu, and keep the “Auto-mount” option unchecked then tap checkmark icon to continue.
- Tap the EverRoot menu, and ensure every single options remains unchecked.
- Leave the Reboot menu to normal to boot system after flash.
- Just hit the lightening button to start the process.
- You will get a blank screen, then display the contents of your system just before it start the flash procedure.