As the latest LG flagship phone, the G4 should have an interesting set of features, which is why LG apply some excellent feature on this smartphone, including the Multi Window feature. With this feature we can view two active apps in a single screen, next to each other, so we can reply to email while watching video on YouTube.
This feature is quite helpful, considering the LG G4 screen size is quite wide, so it’s good to be seen even though the screen is split. Unfortunately, LG only allows some apps just to be able to run in Multi Window, such as email, messaging, Google Maps, Chrome, Gallery, Memo and some other apps.
Luckily, there’s an app that allows more apps to run in LG G4 Multi Window mode, the app called MultiWindow Mod. Actually, it’s not a new application, as it has been available about a year ago, and it confirmed working on various mainstream LG devices: LG G3, G Flex 2, G Vista, G Stylo, etc. With this application, we can use every unsupported app on Multi Window mode, such as the apps we’ve downloaded from Google Play Store, Amazon App Store or the other.
It’s simple enough to put into action, you just need to install the MultiWindow Mod provided by the dev (XabdullahX) on Xda forums. The app is also available in the Play Store, but it’s a donate version of the app, priced only a buck, it’s worth the money.
Here’s an overview on how to work with it:
- Make sure your LG G4 has root access, it’s possible to gain root on this phone nowadays.
- Get the MultiWindow Mod app for free or buy the donate version.
- Once installed, open it and grant superuser permission.
- Choose the app you wish to run under Multi Window mode.
- When done picking the desired apps, just tap the Apply button.
- Reboot the device, now the newly added apps will show up on the list.