Since the introduction of Android 5.0 Lollipop which brings a new design language developed by Google, called Materials Design, Android UI isn’t tedious and become more colorful. The most visible change is the status bar color, which only dominated by dark colors at that time. But now, it can change to match with the action bar. Unfortunately, this feature is only available for Lollipop users, for the previous version of Android (Jelly Bean or KitKat), you can make use of this feature with some mods.
Not only in the status bar, you can also change the color of the navigation bar to match with the app or auto tinting. This means you will see a different color navigation bar on every app.
This will make the phone UI becomes more colorful so that you won’t be bored when working with your smartphone. Navigation bar auto tint isn’t Android OS features, but it could be a good companion with the auto tint status bar.
As we have explained before, auto tint features aren’t supported on the stock Android OS, but we still can implement as long as we are still able to install Xposed Framework and a module to activate these features. Unfortunately, Xposed only for smartphone with root access, since it need to touch system files.
Below are the requirements you must meet:
- An Android smartphone (Android 4.3+) with root access.
- The stable version of Xposed framework for Jelly Bean, Kitkat and Lollipop.
Here is a brief guide to enable it.
- Open the Xposed Installer.
- Head to Download section.
- Then search for “Flat Style Colored Bars”.
- Once downloaded, install it.
- Back to Xposed and look at Modules section, tick the module and reboot.
- Now open the Flat Style Colored Bars from the app drawer, and please change the settings according to your wishes.