After unlock and rooting, maybe now you desire to relocking bootloader or unroot HTC DROID DNA (ADR6435) with ROM Update Utility (RUU), so it will back to its original state just as when you first bought it. Restore the phone to its original condition is helpful in order to return, repair or selling phone, in some cases RUU could save your phone from a soft brick.
If you already installed a custom recovery (TWRP/CWM), returned to the stock also allows you to get future OTA updates (since official updates requires stock recovery). For folks who already unlocking their bootloader via HTCDev.com you must relock your device first before unroot. Keep in mind, back up on your phone’s data (sms, mms, contacts, call logs, bookmarks or installed apps), since the RUU will wipe all your phone partition.
Step by step how to relock, unbrick or unroot HTC DROID DNA and back to stock
- Ensure the computer can recognize your device, install HTC Drivers if you have never been installed on your computer.
- Charge your smartphone battery, since RUU flashing need at least 30% battery power.
- Turn on USB Debugging on the phone (required to perform the adb and fastboot command), head to Settings > Developer options.
- To undertake fastboot commands, we have to set-up the Android SDK first, the guide can be found here. And then, go to “platform-tools” folder and open the command prompt.
- Go back to your phone and enter into Fastboot mode by turn off the device first, then press volume down and power simultaneously for a few seconds, then select FASTBOOT. Connect your phone to a computer via USB, when the phone has been detected you will notice USB FASTBOOT banner.
- Run following commands on the CMD to relock DROID DNA (DLX):
- Download HTC DROID DNA’s RUU.exe, this is a stock firmware by HTC, which contain radio, systems and bootloader.
- Turn off your phone again and get into FASTBOOT USB mode like in step 5. Double-click on the file RUU_DLX_WL_JB_45_VERIZON_WWE_*** _signed.exe to start out flashing process.
- Wait for the flashing process lasted for about 10 minutes, and when it’s done your phone will reboot.
- Well done, our Verizon HTC DROID DNA now becomes stock again.