After purchasing Motorola AHD MB886 for a few weeks, we’re sure you’ve done a lot of things on your phone although it still locked bootloader, such as installing many applications, get root, uninstall the stock apps and change some settings to match with you.
Maybe, someday you discover that after making some changes on your phone, cause it to have poor performance and you wish to restore it to its original condition (and unroot it) just like when you buy it from the store. You should know if you are planning for getting future OTA updates, you also need to reinstate your phone to stock, or the OTA update will be failed / denied, when there are system apps that are missing or have been modified.
However for those who have installed a custom ROM, a factory reset won’t be enough to restore Atrix HD to stock firmware, you have to flash stock official fastboot files/stock firmware to your cell phone using RSD Lite application for Windows PC. Thanks to dev from xda with username Pzyduck and the Firmware Team who build Atrix HD (MB886 – Qinara) stock firmware (Android 4.0) which available in two versions for AT&T (US) and Bell (Canada), really don’t flash the AT&T firmware on Bell’s phone and vice versa, as it will likely make your gadget brick. If you still locked bootloader you’re safe to flash the firmware since it has been signed by Motorola.
Follow these guidelines to restore your Motorola Atrix HD to stock firmware (Android 4.0.4), this time we will restore to 77.12.22 (ICS) firmware. Don’t forget to backup all your data:
- Get RSD Lite 6.14 (recommended version) for Windows only.
- Get the stock firmware file, make sure you pick the latest ICS firmware file here (7.7.1Q-144_MB886_MR1-22_SIGNED_CFC.xml.zip) for AT&T.
- After successfully downloaded, extract the zip file. And edit the 7.7.1Q-144_MB886_MR1-22_SIGNED_CFC.xml file using notepad, and then remove 2 lines with getvar.
- Open RSD Lite, open the XML file that you have edited before.
- Turn off your phone, and then enter the Boot Mode Selection Menu by press and hold the following keys together (Volume Up+Volume Down+Power). Using vol down, scroll to AP Fastboot menu, and then vol up to select it.
- Connect Atrix HD to PC via USB, your phone will be recognized by RSD Lite as MB886.
- Now it’s time to hit the Start button, and please wait for about 10-25 minutes.
- Once the flash process done, your device will reboot. Your Motorola Atrix HD (MB886) should restore to stock and unroot now.