VZW Samsung Galaxy Note II (SCH-I605) has received a major update to the Android 4.3 version this month with software version I605VRUEMJ9 that will improve the performance of your device and enable support to Galaxy Gear. This is good news for end users as they now can run the last version of Jelly Bean.
However, quite a few users who deplore this update, since it comes with locked bootloader and KNOX security features. So after taking the update then you will not be able to use a custom recovery or ROMs, and also there is there’s a chance that the KNOX will tripped then void the device’s warranty.
Apparently the developers are always one step ahead, they always have a method to mods Android devices. As done by k1mu, a dev from xda who successfully build Saferoot exploit for the most recent Android 4.3 update from Samsung. He originally built it for the VZW Galaxy S4, but after giving it a go, it also can give root on Verizon Galaxy Note 2 running MJ9 update (Android 4.3 Jelly Bean).
- Considering that our smartphones are updated to latest Jelly Bean firmware, then we need a most up-to-date Galaxy Note 2 driver from KIES 3.
- USB Debugging must be enabled prior to running the script.
- Get Saferoot by k1mu from xda.
Verizon Galaxy Note 2 MJ9 root by using One click Saferoot exploit
- Hook up the Galaxy Note II to computer using an OEM USB cable.
- Unzip the saferoot package, once extracted you will see two files and a folder.
- Double click the “install.bat” to execute the script.
- A Windows CMD will appears, Initially the exploits will check adb functionality, when successfully detected then the exploit will begin the rooting procedure. Everything took place in a short time, less than a minute.
At the end of the process the script will reboot the device, once booted up our VZW Galaxy Note 2 with Android 4.3 (MJ9) now rooted with SuperSU.