This month the VZW Samsung Galaxy S4 (SCH-I545) gets another update to I545VRUEMK2 software version, it’s so fast considering that we got VRUEMJ7 update earlier last month. Since the Android system files will be upgraded, then undoubtedly root will be dropped and you’ll be returned to stock unrooted after applying the update. It certainly would make some rooted users a bit worried, considering that when they took the update there’s a chance that they will live without superuser privileges for a long time. However, you don’t have to be anxious, due to the fact that we can still use the previous exploit to root Verizon Galaxy S4 on MK2 software version.
The MK2 software brings several enhancements that will make this smartphone has better performance, the several enhancements are: improved email connectivity, better roaming in Canada and Mexico, better non-Samsung charger compatibility, improved data connections thru proxy servers, and several others. Although only a minor update but it doesn’t hurt to accept it, because we still can regain root and without triggering Samsung KNOX (still 0x0, not changed) by using the one click root exploit script by k1mu – he’s the developer from xda.
- Be sure that the Galaxy S4 drivers installed properly on your computer, the easiest way is by installing the Samsung KIES.
- Download the Saferoot exploit from k1mu. The exploit was actually developed for MJ7 software version, but when tried to MK2 the results is sweet, so the exploit also compatible with the most recent update.
- Enable USB Debugging in phone’s main Settings.
Verizon Galaxy S4 root on MK2 software update
- Extract the zipped root exploit by using 7zip on WinZip, you’ll notice three items once extracted: install.bat, install.sh and a folder named files.
- Attach your device to the computer using the OEM USB cable for better connections.
- Run the exploit script “install.bat” by double-clicking it.
- A CMD window will show up and will immediately communicate with your device. If the device has been found, the script will instantly make an attempt to root the VZW Galaxy S4 running MK2 software.
- Once managed to get superuser privileges, your device should reboot automatically.